Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A True Effort

Rush hour traffic. Multiple accidents on any of my possible routes home- the expressway, the back roads.

So I make a commitment. I am going to be a nice driver.

I went out of my way to watch for people who needed to get into my lane. Who needed to pull out of a parking lot.

I helped out at least 4 cars.

Oddly, this was one of the hardest things I've done. Like everyone else, I am very eager to get home, get to my family, get away from all things work. I don't want to give up my spot in the line of traffic.

But it did feel good, although at times frustrating, to help someone else get an inch closer to home.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea, and what a (deceptively?) simple one to implement.

    I do hope your new profile pic was not taken while doing your friendly driving, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me in the green Honda. Thanks for letting me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine if everyone gave up 2 or 3 seconds to be courteous on the road! Yeah, bravos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment form is open to anyone who would like to share! Inappropriate content will be deleted.