Monday, December 8, 2008

Catching Up

Sunday- was a day of gratitude. My husband put up our Christmas tree all on his own. We had a good family day that included church, Sunday School, lunch out, a crafty errand, time at home, dinner out for my father-in-law's birthday, time at home with family. So a day filled with gratitude, a day recognizing my blessings. I've neglected the gratitude part of this blog. So Sunday was focused on realizing how blessed I am!

Today.

A co-worker's birthday. He has been very stressed out lately.

Our office isn't one to do birthdays. We don't pass around a card or take folks out to lunch or bring in a cake or anything. We hit milestone birthdays. We participate as long as someone else does the work. But generally, the philosophy seems to be to leave it alone. If we do nothing, no one gets their feelings hurt.

Screw 'em. I bought my co-worker a cake (his favorite- German Chocolate).

It has brought me not only much thanks (he put it out to share) but I've actually gotten 3 hugs from this good deed! So the returns are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment form is open to anyone who would like to share! Inappropriate content will be deleted.