Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heavenly Ham

I work in a job where sales people give gifts to us at the holidays. Not generally anything significant. A favorite from the past was a letter from the American Heart Association saying that Company XYZ has donated $x in your name...

A company just sent me a Heavenly Ham.

I appreciate the gesture. But I don't feel right keeping it for my family and it would odd to share it in the office.

So I will be taking it to the food pantry this evening.

I also had some unexpected time at home this morning so I went through my pantry to see what excess I had for the food pantry.

This food pantry is at a local church. They've been operating for about a year, I think. Over the summer, they were feeding 50 families each week. They are open one day each week. Over the past month, they have been feeding 70 families each week. The need is rising. So the help has to pick up, too.

So extra pasta, rice and sauce, peanut butter, canned chicken, and a canister of Stove Top went into my bag from my pantry. That, along with the items Teagan selected at the grocery store, and the Heavenly Ham will all go to the church's food pantry this evening.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Congratulations....Your posting is very interesting...Keep writing.. Welcome to my blog...
    Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan! Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment form is open to anyone who would like to share! Inappropriate content will be deleted.